Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Blog 'til you drop (and ignoring the writing)

Apparently people who blog for money are blogging so frantically they're dying at their keyboards. Thank goodness it's only a hobby for me! Still, I've got so many blogs now that you'd be forgiven for thinking I was doing it for a living - especially this past weekend when I've been making this, to link them all together. All my bloggings will be referenced there from now on, so you can track them from just the one place if you like. Had enough for now though: the sun is shining and we're going out to play.

But first I'll tell you some other news from here: the car is taxed and is in the garage being fixed, so we'll be mobile again soon. That's kind of good news and kind of not: we're looking forward to visiting some museums, galleries, beautiful places again. But being 'stuck at home' has been great fun and very peaceful and calm. It's a joy not to rush anywhere or do clockwatching; just to live instinctively and according to our natural rhythms.

Lyddie has been writing of her own volition. She wrote several quite long and fairly legible sentences for me to explain something yesterday, then turned the paper over and did a load of squiggles on the back. When she brought me the message she explained to me what the squiggles 'said' and told me to ignore the 'silly writing' on the back because she hadn't done it 'properly'. From reading home ed blogs over the years I know that this is quite a common phenomena - the being able to do something but not confident that it's the right thing to do so scrapping it and reverting to something else - but it's the first time I've witnessed it for myself. Amazing!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa G said...

Aaaaghhhh, Gill, so many blogs so little time.....lol, do you not sleep or something?

7:37 pm, April 08, 2008  
Blogger Gill said...

LOL Lisa, I just spread myself thin ;-)

(Or you could argue that it's quantity over quality)

(Or that I like to organise things into boxes, LOL..

Obssesive? Moi?!)

7:44 am, April 09, 2008  
Blogger Gill said...

I just need to tidy up this one now. Got behind with the little sidebar boxes. Need to do some filing!

7:51 am, April 09, 2008  
Blogger Ruth said...

D did the scribble thing and don't look at the writing too :)

10:56 am, April 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home